st: probit

From   "Hadiye Aslan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: probit
Date   Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:06:20 -0400

I have a dependednt variable "probability of informed trading" (PIT) and I
want to find the determinants of this variable. Since PIT is a probability i
thought i need to run Probit regressions. The problem is that  I have around
40,000 firm-years and PIT can take any value betwen 0 and 1 in each of these
firm-years. The probit examples that i saw usually have more than 2 and less
than 10 categories. But, in my case i would say i have around 40,000
categories.. how do i deal with this problem?

Once i do the probit analysis in a right way how could I find the marginal
effects?
I would be more than grateful, if soemone could help me.
thanks,
-h.
<mailto:[email protected]>