st: Re: probit

From   "jean ries" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: probit
Date   Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:47:44 +0200 (CEST)

I don't know if probit regression is a "good" solution to your problem.
About one year ago there was a lively and interesting discussion on this
list, about a "proportion as a dependent variable". This discussion could
be an excellent starting point for you. The discussion took place in July
2003. Using your browser's "find in page" facility, you can search the
messages from July 2003 for the word "proportion"

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-07/

More generally, you can also try some searches in the complete archive:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/

Finally, a textbook discussion can be foud in:

J. Wooldridge, 2002, Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,
MIT Press.

--jean