Re: st: About empty dataset

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: About empty dataset
Date   Fri, 28 May 2004 15:31:38 -0500

At 01:22 PM 5/28/2004 -0700, Maoyong Fan wrote:
Dear Friends,

I noticed that the Stata program will automatically stop when the dataset is empty after deleting the missing value and give out the wrong information: __0000001 not found.

In my program, I need to run many programs on the same dataset, so I open the original dataset many times in a big program. Every time I drop some variables and observations, the whole program is stoped if one of the dataset after selection is empty.

I wonder if there is some command which can force the program to go on even if the dataset is empty in this subprogram after selection.
The -capture- or -confirm- commands, or the -nostop- option on the -run- and -do- commands might help you out.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu