st: About empty dataset

From   "Maoyong Fan" <>
To   "statalist" <>
Subject   st: About empty dataset
Date   Fri, 28 May 2004 13:22:33 -0700

Dear Friends,

	I noticed that the Stata program will automatically stop when the dataset is empty after deleting the missing value and give out the wrong information:  __0000001 not found.

	In my program, I need to run many programs on the same dataset, so I open the original dataset many times in a big program.  Every time I drop some variables and observations, the whole program is stoped if one of the dataset after selection is empty.

	I wonder if there is some command which can force the program to go on even if the dataset is empty in this subprogram after selection.

Warm regards,

Maoyong Fan