st: include files in programs

From   "Jann, Ben" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: include files in programs
Date   Wed, 26 May 2004 11:26:57 +0200

The 18may2004 executable and ado update introduced
the possibility to include .ihlp files in .hlp files.
I was wondering if it is possible to specify include
files in programs in a similar way.

My idea was to enhance -estout- by adding the
possibility to define customized styles which are
saved in files (similar to graph schemes). This could
be done, of course, by creating additional ado files
defining the defaults (e.g. create a file
estout_mystyle.ado which contains the program
-estout_mystyle- defining the style defaults.
-estout ..., style(mystyle)- would then internally
execute -estout_mystyle-). However, include files
would be much more straightforward and, as I believe,
easier to use for people who do not know much about
programming.

Many thanks in advance,

ben