st: Axis starting other than at zero

From   "Bryan W. Griffin" <>
Subject   st: Axis starting other than at zero
Date   Wed, 19 May 2004 12:15:04 -0400

Hi all --

I am interested in creating graphs in which an axis does not start at zero. To show that the axis does not start at zero, I want to add this line break marker, for example it may looking something like this:

33 34 35 etc.

or this

33 34 35 etc.

Can Stata graphics add such a marker to an axis?

Also, what is this thing called? I've search the net and my library, but could not find a name for it.
Bryan W. Griffin
Curriculum, Foundations, & Reading
P.O. Box 8144
Georgia Southern University