st: RE: the impute command

From   "TELHAJ Shqiponje" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: the impute command
Date   Wed, 19 May 2004 16:35:40 +0100

I think that the impute command works only for continous variables. If
you want to base your imputation on the determinsitic regression
technique, you would perhaps need to use  a -probit- command.

Shqiponja

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Bozick [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 19 May 2004 15:56
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: the impute command

Hello -

I have a few questions concerning the impute command.

I am trying to impute values to a dichotomous variable coded 1 if
individuals were employed and 0 if they were not.

First, does the impute command treat all the predictor variables in the
same
way that a regression command does?  More specifically, if I am using a
set
of dummy variables, do I omit one category?  I ask this because I was
doing
some test runs and I included ALL variables in the impute command and it
did
not give me the message "variable was dropped due to collinearity."

Second, is there a way to specify the impute command to round imputed
values
either to 1 or 0 depending on the prediction (e.g. predicted values 0 -
.49
become 0 and values .50-1 become 1)  ?

Thanks!
Robert

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to
win
$1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and
any attachment from your computer.