st: the impute command

From   "Robert Bozick" <>
Subject   st: the impute command
Date   Wed, 19 May 2004 10:56:22 -0400

Hello -

I have a few questions concerning the impute command.

I am trying to impute values to a dichotomous variable coded 1 if individuals were employed and 0 if they were not.

First, does the impute command treat all the predictor variables in the same way that a regression command does? More specifically, if I am using a set of dummy variables, do I omit one category? I ask this because I was doing some test runs and I included ALL variables in the impute command and it did not give me the message "variable was dropped due to collinearity."

Second, is there a way to specify the impute command to round imputed values either to 1 or 0 depending on the prediction (e.g. predicted values 0 - .49 become 0 and values .50-1 become 1) ?

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win $1 million!

* For searches and help try: