st: RE: Random Group Resampling

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Random Group Resampling
Date   Wed, 12 May 2004 20:27:58 +0100

Suppose you have a variable -group-. Then

egen rank = rank(uniform()), unique
gen group2 = group[rank]

creates such pseudo-groups. (The -unique-
is paranoia, based on a worry that there
might be ties in the random numbers.)

However, you still need machinery
on top of this.

In addition to what you mention,