st: problems with merge

From   "Kyu S. Hahn" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: problems with merge
Date   Tue, 11 May 2004 12:38:13 -0700

I am simplying trying to merge a data file (wide format) with the master
data set (long format).  I have done this multiple times but I get the
following error message this time for whatever reason.  Can someone tell me
what might be wrong?  I suspect that it has to be something really simple.

merge serial using "C:\Documents and Settings\Kyu\My Documents\test1.dta"
int invalid varname