st: automatic documentation for Stata ?

From   "Iben Fasterholdt" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: automatic documentation for Stata ?
Date   Fri, 07 May 2004 10:57:36 +0200

Is it possible to automatically generate documentation for Stata do-files in
the same fashion as in for example javadoc?

Introduction to javadoc, see the link below:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/

We would like to be able to write something like the following:

/*
* @author (our names)
* @version (versioninformation)
* @description (description and usage of the program)
* @param (program parameters)
*/

program define ....
syntax ......
.
.
.
end

We would like to have a script that can gather all this information from
different do-files, to one documentation-file.  Does anyone know of such a
script / program?

Best regards

Fiona and Iben
Department of Statistics