st: automatic documentation for Stata ?

From   "Iben Fasterholdt" <>
Subject   st: automatic documentation for Stata ?
Date   Fri, 07 May 2004 10:57:36 +0200

Is it possible to automatically generate documentation for Stata do-files in
the same fashion as in for example javadoc?

Introduction to javadoc, see the link below:

We would like to be able to write something like the following:

* @author (our names)
* @version (versioninformation)
* @description (description and usage of the program)
* @param (program parameters)

program define ....
syntax ......

We would like to have a script that can gather all this information from
different do-files, to one documentation-file.  Does anyone know of such a
script / program?

Best regards

Fiona and Iben
Department of Statistics
SDU Odense

Få alle de nye og sjove ikoner med MSN Messenger