Re: st: statsby and xtreg

From (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
Subject   Re: st: statsby and xtreg
Date   Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:45:17 -0500

Jesper B. Sorensen <> was having trouble using -statsby- with

> I want to use statsby to collect coefficient estimates from xtreg, fe, but
> it fails.  As far as I can determine this is because statsby, buidling on
> statsbyfast, uses -in- instead of -if - to select the by groups.  -xtreg-
> does not allow the use of -in-

> I gather that the current version of statsby use -in- because it is faster
> in most cases
> (  But I do
> not see an option in the help for statsby to override the use of in and
> force the use of if.  Or am I missing something?

Michael Blasnik <> then commented that
-tsset-ing the data will cause -statsby- to revert to using -if- instead of

We looked into this, and have a solution that will automatically handle
commands that do not allow -in-.  The update to -statsby- should be available
in the next ado update.