st: Breslow baseline hazard estimator of Cox.

From   Stephen McKay <>
Subject   st: Breslow baseline hazard estimator of Cox.
Date   Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:59:09 +0100

>Dear Stata Users:
>Does anyone know how to estimate the Breslow baseline hazard
>estimators of Cox model using Stata? Or SAS, R?
>THanks. Have a nice day.

I'm sure the st suite of stata commands will accomplish this (or
something near it, since you need some assumptions to get a "baseline

If you prefer R, then you would do something like this:

fit<-( coxph( Surv(start, stop, event) ~ x, data))
[use method="breslow" if you must - last I checked R defaulted to efron]
[use centred=FALSE for covariates=0, rather than at their means]

For extended advice you might check out the textbook examples at the
UCLA site: