RE: st: Heckman (sample-selecton) models and tests of model "adequacy"

Subject   RE: st: Heckman (sample-selecton) models and tests of model "adequacy"
Date   Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:06:16 +0200

As I understand it, a significant rho means that the two equations are
correlated, and this justifies the Heckman procedure. If Rho is not
significant, the (simpler) two-part model will suffice.

                      "Subhash Pokhrel"
                      <Subhash.Pokhrel@urz.uni-hei        To:       <>
            >                         cc:
                      Sent by:                            Subject:  RE: st: Heckman (sample-selecton) models and tests of model "adequacy"
                      05.04.2004 19:17
                      Please respond to statalist

Dear Chris,

I have similar problem. I wonder why the reviewer was not happy with the
significance of rho (i'm sure you did report it). Any comment on that?

-----Original Message-----

Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:51:51 +0200
Subject: st: Heckman (sample-selecton) models and tests of model "adequacy"

A reviewer has asked me to perform some "model adequacy" tests of my
selecton model, i.e. a probit and a OLS regression conditional on
yes" in the probit.

I interpret this as he or she wants som measures of "model fit" (other than
the standard output) and possibly some measures that have to do with
diagnostic tests and/or specification tests?

The -findit- command did not help me here, so therefore: Any help to carry
out some of these tasks is appreciated.

Christer Thrane, dr.polit.
Associate Professor, Sociology
Department of Social Science