st: Re: Changing plot background color

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Changing plot background color
Date   Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:39:44 -0800 (PST)

Richard,

In addition to what Dimitriy suggested you can set the background
color to white. In some cases, the graph region does not completely
cover the area of the graph. At the outer border of the graph you may
then see fine lines in the background color that is specified in the
scheme that you use (ltbluishgray for s2color and gs15 for s2mono,
for example). You can avoid these lines by adding the -bgcolor()-
option to the graph command. Compare the two graphs created below:

. sysuse auto, clear
. set scheme s2color
. scatter mpg weight, graphregion(color(white))
. scatter mpg weight, graphregion(color(white)) bgcolor(white)

On my computer (Stata 8.2, Windows XP), the first graph has thin blue
lines at the top and right margins, the second does not.

Friedrich Huebler