st: Age sex standardisation

From   A Castelli <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Age sex standardisation
Date   Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:53:56 -0000

Dear All,

I have the following age/sex standardisation  formula for reporting
morbidity and need to calculate it with STATA.

Sum over j Sum over k (bijk)/(nijk) * (ni..)(n.ik)/N for each I (=income
group)

where
bijk = number of individuals reporting morbidity in the ith income
group, jth age gropu and kth sex group
nijk = numbers of individuals in the ith income groups, jth age group
and kth sex
ni.. = number of individuals in the ith income group
N.jk = number of individuals in the jth age and kth sex group
N= total number of individuals in the sample

I do need to use my weight here.

Thank you,
Adriana

Adriana Castelli
PhD. Student
Department of Economics & Related Studies
University of York
York
YO10 5DD