st: version 7 > 8

From   "Patrick Sturgis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: version 7 > 8
Date   Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:06:34 -0000

This is a repeat of a message I posted toward the end of last year, which
Nick Cox kindly helped me to resolve. However, the resolution was only
partial as it fixed the bug in my code but I still seem to have a problem
with running the same file successfully in version 8 (it works fine in 7).
Here is the code:

program define alphawithin
  version 8.0
  if "`1'" == "?" {
  global S_1 "alphawithin"
  exit
  }
  tempname y
  alpha bef*
  scalar `y' = r(alpha)
  alpha aft*
 post `1' (`r(alpha)'-`y')
 end

When I run this with:	bstrap	alphawithin,	reps(10)

I get the following error message:

command ->	alphawithin
error when	command executed	on	original	dataset
under	version	8	control
r(198);

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Patrick