st: RE: Capturing the data type of a variable

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Capturing the data type of a variable
Date   Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:09:55 -0000

local type : type <varname>

For your purposes, you might want to go straight
to -ds-.

. ds, has(type 10/244)

names all such variables, after which you can loop

. foreach v in `r(varlist)' {

To do this, you need Stata 8 updated after 17 June 2003.