RE: st: likelihood ratio test error message

From   "Rivera, Semilla M." <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: likelihood ratio test error message
Date   Fri, 5 Mar 2004 21:28:32 -0600

Thanks so much, Richard.  I will try this.  :)

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Richard Williams []
	Sent: Fri 3/5/2004 9:25 PM
	Subject: Re: st: likelihood ratio test error message

	At 09:11 PM 3/5/2004 -0600, Rivera, Semilla  M. wrote:
	>I am attempting to run a lrtest in STATA and get the following error
	>message.  What can I do?
	>Thank you.
	>Semilla Rivera
	>. lrtest, using (1)
	>observations differ: 2098 vs. 2216
	I think it probably means that the samples used for your 2 models are not
	the same.  Perhaps adding some variables caused some cases to drop out? If
	so, a possible solution might be something like
	logit y x1 x2 x3 x4
	estimates store model1
	logit y x1 x2 if e(sample)
	estimates store model2
	That is, run the model with the most missing cases first, and then restrict
	the subsequent models to those cases.
	OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
	FAX:    (574)288-4373
	HOME:   (574)289-5227