RE: st: Why no sum of squared residuals in reg output after robust or cluster?

From   [email protected] (Vince Wiggins, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Why no sum of squared residuals in reg output after robust or cluster?
Date   Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:53:21 -0600

It seems as though the question raised over Richard Williams'
<[email protected]> use of a brief quotation from the Stata
Reference Manuals has been answered to everyone's satisfaction, but I thought
everyone might feel even better if there were a word from the publisher.  Like
Mark Schaffer <[email protected]>, we believe that Richard's use of a
small passage, with attribution, falls cleanly under the "Fair Use" doctrine.
We are, moreover, generally pleased to see the reference manuals cited or
properly quoted in "scholarly, scientific, or technical work".

-- Vince