st: RE: Linux text editors

From   siyama@who.int
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: RE: Linux text editors
Date   Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:22:44 +0100

Hi,

I would recommend ultraedit and it by-products.
http://www.ultraedit.com/

Amani

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu]On Behalf Of Winfield Scott
Burhans
Sent: Wednesday, 3 March 2004 16:11
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Linux text editors

I am moving (partially)  my Stata work,  from WinXP to Linux . I have been
using EditPlus as a text editor, however because of the move I would like
to have a multi-platform editor.  There was a brief Statalist thread on
this in January 04 and some interesting observations by Patrick Joly on
several editors; I am also familiar with the FAQ on text editors.  I would
be using the editor primarily and almost exclusively for editing do files
at this point.

1.	Does anyone have recommendations for a favorite for such a
multiplatform editor?

2.	Does it need to be multiplatform? i.e. if I work on my Win machine
and
use EditPlus, is there going to be any problem editing those do files with
a different text editor on the Linux machine?

Thanks

Buzz Burhans
wsb2@cornell.edu