Re: st: Transformations

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Transformations
Date   Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:12:01 -0500

At 08:53 PM 2/10/2004 -0500, you wrote:
At 11:43 AM 2/11/2004 +1100, Jason Payne wrote:
Dear STATAlistservers

I am trying to transform data in variables. What is the equivalent STATA syntax for this SPSS command

if (var1=2) var2=1.
Incidentally, a good source for Stata novices is the UCLA Stata Starter Kit:

An excellent book to buy is Hamilton's Statistics with Stata, updated for version 8:

To see how a lifelong SPSS user (me) has gradually picked up a few things in Stata, see my Grad Stats I web page at

and look for links with the word "Stata" in them. Good luck. RW

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu