st: Using Stata remotely via Mac OS X

From   [email protected] (Janet Rosenbaum)
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Using Stata remotely via Mac OS X
Date   Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:54:42 -0500 (EST)

I have Stata and a confidential dataset installed on a computer running
Mac OS X.  The data may not be copied, so I would like to use Stata
remotely.  I have two related questions:

1.  On a unix machine, it's possible to type "stata" and use the program in
text format.  Is such a thing possible in Mac OS X?

(Typing "StataSE" on the commandline just launches the graphical interface.)

2.  Is there any way to run Stata with graphical interface remotely,
such as over X11 or another Mac program that lets you use a desktop
remotely?

Thanks,

Janet
--
Janet Rosenbaum					 [email protected]
Harvard Injury Control Research Center,   Harvard School of Public Health