Re: st: Lrtest versus Test

Subject   Re: st: Lrtest versus Test
Date   Mon, 22 Dec 2003 00:38:32 -0500

At 12:08 AM 12/22/2003 -0500, Richard Williams wrote:
So, it would be nice if some future edition of Stata

(a) would give you the option of reporting the LR statistics for each coefficient, just like SPSS will let you do now. (I imagine this would be a fairly simple ado file? Has somebody maybe done it already?)
As usual, Stata and its users are ahead of me; see Zhiqiang Wang's -lrdrop1- routine. However, I don't see anything yet that works like the LrTest alternative I describe below.

(b) had an LrTest command that didn't require you to first estimate the constrained model yourself; it would just do it for you.
Richard Williams, Associate Professor
OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227