Re: st: disable control-s shortcut

From   [email protected]
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: disable control-s shortcut
Date   Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:37:23 -0600

chris wallace <[email protected]> wrote:

> I just overwrote a datafile I really didn't want to and will now have to
> recreate.  Is it possible to permanently disable this control-s
> shortcut?  (I'm running stata8 on linux).

Not currently.  The standard behavior for File->Save in most all applications
is to overwrite existing files.  However, we'll put in an option to disable
automatic overwrite when saving files (through the shortcut) in the Unix GUI.

It's available for the Mac and I'll talk to the Windows programmers about
putting it in.  It'll be available in the update after next (it's too late for
the next update).

-Chinh Nguyen