st: disable control-s shortcut

From   chris wallace <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: disable control-s shortcut
Date   11 Dec 2003 13:41:11 +0000

I normally edit my stata commands in emacs then cut and paste to the
stata window.  Occasionally my mouse strays, and while trying to type
C-x C-s in emacs (to save the command file) the input goes into stata.

The control-x does nothing, but control-s runs
. save "<filename>.dta", replace

I just overwrote a datafile I really didn't want to and will now have to
recreate.  Is it possible to permanently disable this control-s
shortcut?  (I'm running stata8 on linux).

Many thanks, Chris.