st: RE: -recode- question

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: -recode- question
Date   Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:42:45 -0000

The help and manual entry for -recode- explain this;
but I doubt that's your question. In effect, -recode-
has its own syntax in this respect.

I think the Stata world divides into two on this:
those who use -recode- frequently and have
internalised this, and those who blench
if and when they first see its syntax.

Friedrich Huebler