Re: st: Saving multiple parameter estimates

From   Ulrich Kohler <>
Subject   Re: st: Saving multiple parameter estimates
Date   Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:22:36 +0100

Patrick Mcelduff wrote:
> I have a dataset with repeat measures on 150 individuals. I want to
> fit a linear regression for each individual (to be used in a
> subsequent analysis). How can I save the slope coefficients for
> each of the 150 regressions?

Use -post- for this task. The following snippet may deal as a starting point.
It assumes that you have an identifier-variable "ID" which serially numbers
the 150 individuals. If you haven't  such a variable create one with -egen,
group- (or use an approach with -levels-).

post xyz id coef using myfile, replace
forvalues i = 1/150 {
	regress depvar indepvar if id==`i'
	post xyz ('i') (_b[indepvar])
postclose xyz

Th code stores the coefficients of indepvar and the identifier variable in the
Stata-file "myfile.dta".

+49 (030) 25491-361