st: Stata London users' meeting London 28/29 June 2004

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata London users' meeting London 28/29 June 2004
Date   Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:33:00 -0000

The London Stata Users' Meeting is celebrating its 10th
anniversary in 2004. We are marking the event by making the
presentations even more useful to those who attend. Next year we
will be including lectures by Stata users of international repute
and by senior members of StataCorp, the developers of Stata, aimed
at addressing fields where Stata is particularly useful.

In the previous nine years, we have established a tradition of
excellent presentations by users, and we have fostered contacts
among the researchers who use Stata, the expert users who extend
and further develop Stata, and the developers at StataCorp.

Stata users' meetings were initiated in London and more have been
held here than in the rest of the world combined. (Other users'
meetings have been held in Berlin, Boston, C�rdoba, Dublin,
Maastricht, Madrid and Utrecht.)

Part of the reason for our success is the openness of the
meetings.  All are welcome to attend and participate.  You are
invited whether or not you have attended previously and wherever
you might reside.  In past years, we have had attendees not only
from Britain, Ireland and other European countries, but also from
the USA, Australia, New Zealand, and elsewhere.

We would like to stress that we will expand the program of this
meeting to include especially targeted lectures about Stata, along
with the usual mix of professional talks and the ever-popular
Wishes and Grumbles session, when you may air your suggestions and
complaints directly to Stata's developers.

An optional, informal meal will be held at a London restaurant on
Monday evening.  There is an extra cost for attending the dinner.

Submission of an abstract/paper: If you are interested in
presenting a paper on a Stata theme, please submit an abstract
(100-200 words) by email by 15th February 2004 to

Nicholas J. Cox, University of Durham, e-mail:
[email protected]

Nick is organising the academic programme together with Patrick
Royston, MRC Clinical Trials Unit.

Registration, accommodation, conference fee: The logistics of the
conference are being organised by Timberlake Consultants,
distributors of Stata in several countries including the UK and
Ireland. You can register online at

http://www.timberlake.co.uk/inforeq/courses/stataug_form.html

or by contacting Timberlake Consultants directly on e-mail:
[email protected] , tel: +44 20 86973377 or fax: +44 20
86973388.  Timberlake Consultants will also be able to help you
find accommodation in London.  There will be a small conference
fee (�65 + vat = �76.38) to cover costs for coffee, teas and
luncheons. An invoice will only be sent to you when the programme
for the conference becomes available.