Re: st: -gammafit-, -pgamma- and -qgamma- packages on SSC

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: -gammafit-, -pgamma- and -qgamma- packages on SSC
Date   Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:59:04 -0000

Fred Wolfe kindly sent me this:

> I thought you might want to see this.

> . ssc install gammafit, replace
> checking gammafit consistency and verifying not already installed...
> file not found
> could not copy
> (no action taken)

> ssc install: apparent error in package file for gammafit; please
>, providing package name
> r(601);

First, please don't notify

The problem here arises from a typo in the gammafit.pkg
file, which refers to a gammafit_lf.hlp which does not
exist. (The file which does exist is gammafit_lf.ado.)

I'll ask Kit Baum to fix the .pkg as soon as convenient.

Meanwhile, if you're desperate, you can copy the files
across one by one, say by

foreach f in gammafit.ado gammafit.hlp gammafit_lf.ado {
	ssc copy `f'

Note that the files will be copied to your current