st: graphing data using map of US

From   Stephen McKay <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: graphing data using map of US
Date   Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:30:06 +0000

What is being described is known as a choropleth map.

Some of the suggestions may be a bit high-powered for such a
(relatively) simple task.  CDC's EPI-info package has a mapping
programme (Epimap) which is freeware for most users.

Even so, some competitor software packages do come equipped with a few
standard maps (like for US states) and I imagine it would be possible
to do this with stata's graphics engine ...?!

Steve