st: Accounting for Survey Design in Survival Analysis

From   Young Jun Kim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Accounting for Survey Design in Survival Analysis
Date   Sun, 26 Oct 2003 04:31:03 -0800 (PST)

Dear Colleagues,

I�m conducting survival analysis with stcox command
using survey data where household is a primary
sampling unit (PSU).
Several individuals participated the study from each
household.

In the Stata, there is no svy command for stcox
 such as svylogit for logistic regression

Stata manual states cluster option handles clustering
in the stcox command
 but it seems not right for my data
 becasue cluster option treats observations in the
same cluster as multiple observations from one person.

I�d appreciate any guidance on how to adjust the
clustering effects of household with stcox command and
also with other survival analysis commands.

Best regards,

Young J. Kim
UT-Houston School of Public Health