st: RE: Set memory permanent alternative

From   "David LB Schwappach" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Set memory permanent alternative
Date   Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:06:14 +0200

Jenny,
assuming that you are working on a machine with a Win system and you
have administrator rights, you could try the following:
Open the Explorer --> Extras --> data types (or analogue, I'm working on
a German system)
Select *.dta as data type and click "advanced". You should now get a
window and
a list of actions that should be executed when opening the *.dta data
type. One of the processes listed should read "open". Selct this entry
and click on "edit". You should get a command line in which you can
specify the command to be executed with wstata.exe. Usually, it reads
"C:\Stata8\wstata.exe /m1 use "%1".
You may change this to "C:\Stata8\wstata.exe /m30 use "%1"
(Remember to change the STATA path to the path on your machine)

Hope this helps
David