st: RE: econometric analysis of proportions

From   "FEIVESON, ALAN H. (AL) (JSC-SK) (NASA)" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: econometric analysis of proportions
Date   Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:27:32 -0500

Alex -

This sounds as if a multinomial logit model (mlogit in Stata) might work for

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 10:12 PM
Subject: st: econometric analysis of proportions

I am interested in tracking changes in proportions over time and testing
for trend effects.  I have a categorical variable with 11 categories that
is measured in aggregate data annually.  I want to do some tests for
positive or negative trends in the shares in the categories.  I know the
count of cases in each category and year and the overall annual total.
Does anyone have suggestions on how I can model this?

--Alex Cavallo
(312) 322-0208  voice
(312) 322-0218  fax