Re: st: Location of the knots when estimating a spline model

To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Location of the knots when estimating a spline model
Date   Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:56:22 +0530 (IST)

Dear Bob,

I am not able to run lowess plot. I can see the help on but
in my Stata-SE (version-7), when I run lowess it gives me error:

. lowess
unrecognized command:  lowess

. help lowess
help for lowess not found
try help contents or search lowess

While my all files are up-to-date.As update query says:
. update query

Stata executable
    folder:               C:\Stata\
    name of file:         wsestata.exe
    currently installed:  11 June 2002
    latest available:     11 Jun 2002

Ado-file updates
    folder:               C:\ado\updates\
    names of files:       (various)
    currently installed:  05 Dec 2002
    latest available:     05 Dec 2002

    Stata 8, a new release, will ship the first week of 6 Jan 2003.
    For details, point your browser at

    Do nothing; all files up-to-date.

How can I install lowess and all? when I search for lowess in Stata it
takes me to ksm rather than lowess.Please help.

One more thing..How can I install all the ado files available for STATA
on web?

:  Run a lowess plot and look for turning points. Those are the knots.
: - Bob Yaffee