st: econometric analysis of proportions

Subject   st: econometric analysis of proportions
Date   Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:11:44 -0500

I am interested in tracking changes in proportions over time and testing
for trend effects.  I have a categorical variable with 11 categories that
is measured in aggregate data annually.  I want to do some tests for
positive or negative trends in the shares in the categories.  I know the
count of cases in each category and year and the overall annual total.
Does anyone have suggestions on how I can model this?

--Alex Cavallo
(312) 322-0208  voice
(312) 322-0218  fax