st: RE: Haplotype Estimation

From   "Huber, Chuck" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Haplotype Estimation
Date   Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:21:55 -0500

Hi Andrea,

I use Stata for a variety of genetic tests and I am not aware of any
implementations of Shaid's score tests in Stata (that doesn't mean they
don't exist though).

You might check David Clayton and Adrian Mander's websites - they've
both written some very useful programs and may have links to others.

Please let us know if you find anything.

Chuck Huber
Human Genetics Center
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Houston, Texas, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Baccarelli [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 7:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Haplotype Estimation

Two questions related to the estimation of haplotypes from genotype data

from phase uncertainty:

1. Schaid (Am J Hum Gen 2002) proposed the use of the score test for
assessing the association between haplotype data estimated using the
EM-algorithm and any given trait assessed in the same subject. Does
Stata
allow to perform a Score test?

2. Is there any way to perform the such Score test using the command
qhapipf?

Thanks,
Andrea

<b>Get MSN 8</b> and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection.