re: st: serset limits are wimpy

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: serset limits are wimpy
Date   Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:49:19 -0500

Maybe I've not explained myself. If you do a graph twoway command:

graph tw (line y x) (line y2 x) ... (line y10 x),

where for certain reasons you cannot -by- the graph across 10 groups,

each of those line plots constitutes a serset in Stata (set of data held in memory by Stata to use in a graph).

Now, ANYTIME you have > 99 sersets you will break Stata's abilities to graph what you want. So in the graph command above, if you tried to combine 9 graphs you'd be fine. But if you try to combine 10, Stata fails.

To me this seems like a very low limit of sersets for graph combine. A full page graphic with 20, 10-line graphs is completely readable when saved to .eps format and printed at high resoultion (e.g., publication quality). Yet I cannot do this within Stata because of the serset limitation of 99.

-Dave

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/