Re: st: episode data in st format

From   Enzo Coviello <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: episode data in st format
Date   Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:12:14 +0200

At 06.49 18/06/03 -0700, you wrote:
Hi everybody,

I would really appreciate any help with this. I have
never used survival analysis in stata before. I think
that I understand what the data should look like, but
I am not sure how to adapt the data that I have to
that format.

I have a data set that consists of the records of
medical services recieved over a period of time:
ID service begin end
1 outpatient 03/10/99 03/10/99
1 inpatient 04/15/99 04/27/99
1 inpatient 07/14/99 07/20/99
1 outpatient 09/03/99 09/03/99
2 inpatient 06/12/99 07/01/99
2 outpatient 10/17/99 10/17/99
2 outpatient 12/23/99 12/23/99
etc

An excellent and very readable introduction to survival commands is on the book:
"An introduction to survival analysis using STATA".

There you can find several examples that illustrate how to correctly stset your data and some further step in the analysis.

Enzo

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/