st: Re: doedit redraw bug in Stata 8 SE for OS X

From   [email protected] (Kevin Turner)
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: doedit redraw bug in Stata 8 SE for OS X
Date   Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:21:01 -0500

David Airey ([email protected]) wrote:

>There is a button in OS X windows at the upper right corner which
>toggles the presence of button bars. I have noticed that clicking this
>button twice in the doedit window after scrolling down will prevent you
>from seeing the top few lines of doedit code. The text needs to be
>pushed down the appropriate distance after the buttons are drawn. Is
>this a Stata or OS X bug?

Actually, the text does shift up/down correctly and you are always able to edit
the text in question. There is, however, a cosmetic bug in performing the shift
because Stata does not properly redraw a section of the editor (just under the
toolbar). This gives the impression that text is under the toolbar when in
reality, it is not.

The fix will involve increasing the area of the redraw so that this region
accurately reflects when text is present.

--Kevin