st: broken axis symbol?

From   Ernest Berkhout <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: broken axis symbol?
Date   Wed, 14 May 2003 17:53:55 +0200

Hi all,

so far I was not able to detect an option in Stata 8 graphs to display an axis with the sort of layout that shows that is does not start 'naturally' at the zero-point. Visually, I mean something like this:

6

5

<

+-----

Is it possible but did I overlook that? Or is it not an option yet? In the second case, are the Stata people willing to introduce something like that in the future? From the 'How to lie with statistics'-line of thought my opinion is that this would make a lot of sense for people when submitting graphs to scientific papers.

TIA,
Ernest Berkhout
Stichting voor Economisch Onderzoek
Universiteit van Amsterdam

De SEO is verhuisd! Tegenwoordig ben ik bereikbaar op:
Kamer 3.08
Roetersstraat 29
1018 WB Amsterdam

tel.:+ 31 20 525 1630
fax:+ 31 20 525 1686
http://www.seo.nl
"To an economist, real life is a special case"

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/