Re: st: estimates commands in Stata 8

Subject   Re: st: estimates commands in Stata 8
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:50:43 -0500

Zhehui Luo <> says:

> I did the following:
> reg y a
> est store a
> reg y b
> est store b
> est table a b
> est clear
> *so far there is no problem
> *then I did the following
> reg y1 c
> est store c
> reg y1 d
> est store d
> est table c d
> *now Stata returns with an error message
> invalid syntax
> r(198);
> *I don't know why this is happening

I just took the auto data and renamed some of the variables to y,
y1, a, b, c, and d, and then followed the steps you mentioned.
Everything worked fine -- there was no error produced.

First check that you have updated to the latest update (though I
don't think that this should matter in this case).  If you can
then reproduce the problem, please send, if possible, your
dataset and log file that demonstrates the problem to  If that does not resolve the problem,
then email me and I will look further into it for you.

Ken Higbee
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC