Re: st: Installing ado files

From   Buzz Burhans <>
Subject   Re: st: Installing ado files
Date   Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:53:32 -0400

While I believe the ado files will run from there, the "C:\STATA8\ado\base/" folder is where the native Stata ado files are located and not where I would put additional ado files. If, from the command line, you type:

You will get a list of where Stata looks for your adofiles. In my case it reveals the following paths:

. adopath
[1] (UPDATES) "C:\STATA8\ado\updates/"
[2] (BASE) "C:\STATA8\ado\base/"
[3] (SITE) "C:\STATA8\ado\site/"
[4] "."
[5] (PERSONAL) "c:\ado\personal/"
[6] (PLUS) "c:\ado\stbplus/"
[7] (OLDPLACE) "c:\ado/"

My downloaded ado files are installed into c:\ado\stbplus\
Note that this directory is not on the same path as STATA8, it is off of C:\ado

Below each of these folders are additional folders named by a letter, the ado files go in a folder that has the name of the first letter of the name of the ado file.

I think Dimitriy's suggestion will work, but it might be better to keep the added ado files separately from the base files.

Buzz Burhans