st: RE: list to word

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: list to word
Date   Sun, 6 Apr 2003 12:19:26 +0100

Boylan, Richard

> I use outreg to make tables in word from regression output.
>  I was wondering if someone had suggestions
> on how to make tables from the output of the stata command
> 'list.'  (For instance, how to make sure that the value
> labels for the columns show up, and how to copy the numbers
> in a word table.)

I believe that you are here referring to MS Word.

I haven't tried this much, in fact much more than once, but
this looked OK to me, assuming that now or previously
you have installed -log2html-:

. ssc inst log2html

Create a .smcl log of your list, translate
to HTML and read into Word.

. sysuse auto
. log using april6.smcl
. list make foreign mpg
. log close
. log2html april6.smcl

Open MS Word; read in april6.html.

Value labels are used in -list- by default. It
takes the -nolabel- option to turn them off.