st: multinomiallogit

From   "Mamadou Sow" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: multinomiallogit
Date   Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:36:35 -0500

I was wondering if anybody can help me on this one:
I am estimating a health production function(BIRTHWEIGHT) that assumes the location of any observation or household to be endogenous. The endogeneity of the place of residence is dealt with by using predicted probabiltiy of location using a multinomial logit (MNL) model.
My problem is that the MNL gives to each observation a probability, so if we have 20 choices each household will have 20 predicted probabilities. However, I just need ONE probability, which is the one where the household lives.