st: kernel density graphs (different x-axis)

From   "Joao Pedro W. de Azevedo" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: kernel density graphs (different x-axis)
Date   Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:54:55 +0100

Dear Statausers,
I'm using STATA8 and I would like to compare two kernel density estimates.
I've followed the manual example, with no difficulty.
I'm now trying to compare the age density of two populations (in different
datasets), the problem is that the x-axis variable generated by the kdensity
command is not the same, in one population it varies from 13.64889 to
34.35111 and on the other it goes from 14.74676 to 66.25324. I would like to
know if anyone could give me a suggestion on how to transform both densities
on the same scale, or any other procedure, which would them allow me to
overlay them correctly using the scatter command.
Many thanks,
Joao Pedro/