st: RE: IIA test

From   Daniel M�ller <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: IIA test
Date   Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:52:01 +0100

> I would like to ask a question. I want to run a multinomial
> logit and I have 6 alternatives: 1. not working and not using
> child care (baseline group) 2. not working and  using child
> care 3. working part time and not using child care 4. working
> part time and  using child care 5. working full time and not
> using child care 6. working full time and  using child care
>
> When I try to test the hypothesis of Independence of
> irrelelevant alternatives, by typing mtestlog,hausman, I get
> the following error message:
>
> *** Hausman tests of IIA assumption
>
>  Ho: Odds(Outcome-J vs Outcome-K) are independent of other
> alternatives.
>
> no coefficients in common; specify -equations(matchlist)-
> for the problem of different equation names.
> r(498);

-mlogtest- always worked fine for me after -mlogit- and I never received
this error message.  I can only guess that something might be wrong with
your equation names. If you provide more code (the -mlogit- statement &
output) we could maybe have a better guess.

Daniel