st: IIA test

From   marilena locatelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: IIA test
Date   Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:34:38 +0100

Dear all,
I would like to ask a question. I want to run a multinomial logit and I
have 6 alternatives:
1. not working and not using child care (baseline group)
2. not working and  using child care
3. working part time and not using child care
4. working part time and  using child care
5. working full time and not using child care
6. working full time and  using child care

When I try to test the hypothesis of Independence of irrelelevant
alternatives, by typing mtestlog,hausman,
I get the following error message:

*** Hausman tests of IIA assumption

 Ho: Odds(Outcome-J vs Outcome-K) are independent of other alternatives.

no coefficients in common; specify -equations(matchlist)-
for the problem of different equation names.
r(498);

Why is that?
Many thanks in advance for your help
Best
Marilena

--

Dott.ssa Marilena Locatelli
Research Fellow

For your security, this mail has been scanned and protected by Inflex