Re: st: xi3 command

From   Joseph Coveney <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: xi3 command
Date   Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:13:49 +0900

Fabrizio Minichilli reports having difficulties using -xi3- and asked how to make three-
way interaction terms for categorical variables.

I have not had much experience with -xi3-, so I cannot address Fabrizio's problem with

But I can recommend John Hendrickx's -desmat- for generating terms for a three-way
interaction (categorical, continuous or mixed), and for a variety of other kinds of
interactions--and for generating terms for contrasts.  -desmat- might at first appear
intimidating, but there is an accompanying downloadable instruction manual; I've found
that the learning curve is not that bad, actually.

-findit desmat- will help locate it and associated files for installation.

Joseph Coveney