[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
st: Questions about Stata 8 SE under Windows
I've just gotten Stata 8 SE installed, and I've run into a few questions
that I'm not finding answers to:
1. Under the Prefs menu, there is a command to "Restore File Associations".
Does this restore file associations TO Stata, or restore file associations
to what they were BEFORE Stata took them over?
2. When I first started Stata, I didn't have the review or variables
windows, and the commands to move to those windows didn't bring them up. I
was able to get them from Load Windowing Preferences, and I saved them so
now they are ok. But are my other users going to have this problem?
3. Is there a list (or a way to get a list) for the archives at SSC of
modules that are new or updated for Stata 8?
4. Where do I find what the User menus are supposed do? I didn't have any
luck in [GSW] which is where I expected it to be, and mine don't do
Statistician, SSS Inc.
* For searches and help try: